FREE HEALTH TIPS! Foods That Are Causing You To GAIN More Body Fat.
Paleo Diet Recipes – Classic Slow Cooker Cabbage Rolls Recipe
1 – cabbage head (about 2 Ib)
For the filling
1 ¼ lb – ground beef
1 – medium onion, chopped
2 – garlic cloves, minced
1 ½ tsp – dried parsley
½ tsp – paprika
1 – egg
½ tsp – salt
½ tsp – black pepper
1 ½ tbsp – olive oil
For the sauce
2 cup – organic tomato sauce
1 tbsp – olive oil
1 – garlic clove, minced
1 cup – homemade soup
1 – bay leave
1. Core the cabbage.
2. Bring a large pot of salted water, 4 to 5 quarts, to a rapid boil.
3. Blanch cabbage for 15 minutes, turning often until leaves are softened.
4. Remove cabbage from the pot and cool under running water.
5. Gently separate leaves.
6. Carefully cut out the center vein.
7. To make the filing.
8. In a medium saucepan, heat olive oil over medium heat.
9. Add onion and cook for 5 minutes.
10. Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
11. Add beef and cook until well browned and all liquid has evaporated.
12. Remove from the heat and add salt, black pepper, paprika, dried parsley and egg.
13. Mix well to combine.
14. Place about 1/3 cup of beef mixture in the center of the cabbage leaf.
15. Fold bottom half of cabbage leaf over filling, fold in sides and roll up tightly.
16. Place the cabbage rolls side by side in rows, seam-side down, in a slow cooker.
17. The cabbage rolls should be tightly packed in a single layer.
To make the sauce
18. Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat.
19. Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
20. Add tomato sauce, bay leaf and chicken soup and cook for 5 minutes.
21. Season to taste.
22. Pour the mixture over the cabbage rolls.
23. Cover with a lid and cook for 2 hours on high or 4 hours on low.
24. Remove lid and serve warm.
Check Out The Best Paleo Diet Cookbook
Why is the Paleo Diet getting popular?
A paleo diet means consuming foods believed to be similar to what our great ancestors might have eaten during their time. During Paleolithic era, they just hunt and gather for their food. They enjoy eating real food which is nutrient dense and nourishing.
When farming started, humans have started to change their diet by eating modern food such as wheat, rice and sugar. Processed and preserved food products brought people more convenience and much easier life and health problems as well.
Now we are talking about going back to basics. With paleo diet we can still enjoy similar food which is much healthier and help us to stay in shape. Paleo diet includes fish, meat, vege, fruits, nuts, seeds and plain water. Paleo diet is getting popular nowadays because it also helps to lose weight naturally.