Sponsored by Hu Kitchen! Use code FEASTINGONFRUIT for 20% off your first order:
* 3/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
* 3/4 cup raw almonds (or nuts of choice)
* Pinch of salt
* 1/4 cup nut or seed butter
* 1/4 cup maple syrup
* 1 cup Hu Gems
1. Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
2. Blend the coconut and almonds to a fine flour. Transfer to a bowl.
3. Melt the nut/seed butter with the maple syrup. Stir until smooth.
4. Pour over the flour. Add a pinch of salt. Mix to form a dough.
5. Press/roll as thin as possible onto a lined baking sheet.
6. Bake for 10 minutes at 350ºF.
7. Cool for 10-15 minutes. Cut off the edges (save them) to form a rectangle. Cut that rectangle into 3 (see video).
8. Melt the Hu Gems. Divide into 2 separate bowls.
9. Crush/blend the cut off edges into fine crumbs (you may not use all of them). Stir into half of the melted chocolate.
10. Layer the wafer rectangles with the crumb-filled chocolate. Refrigerate about 10 minutes until it holds together.
11. Slice into 8 bars.
12. Cover with the remaining chocolate.
13. Refrigerate or freeze until set.