Happy Canadian Thanksgiving! Don’t miss out on your yearly tradition…try out this great paleo pumpkin pie recipe. This recipe was adapted from Mark’s Daily Apple.
– 2 1/2 cups walnuts
– 1 teaspoon baking soda
– 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
– 2 tablespoons butter, melted
Blend walnuts, baking soda and salt in a food processor until finely ground. Add butter and pulse until butter is mixed in.
Scrape the batter into a 9-inch pie pan…use your hands, its the easiest way!. Take your time smoothing and patting the batter out evenly. It’s better to spread the batter thinner across the bottom of the pan and thicker around the edges of the crust. Bake the crust for 15 minutes at 350.
– One 15-ounce can of pumpkin
– 1 cup canned coconut milk
– 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
– 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
– 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
– 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
– 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
– 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
– pinch of sea salt
– 3 tablespoons maple syrup (add a bit extra if you like your pie sweeter!)
– 1 tablespoon arrowroot powder
– 3 eggs, whisked
Mix together all ingredients. Pour into the pre-baked crust and bake for 50 minutes at 350. Let pie cool overnight prior to serving.
Let us know how yours turned out!